This project includes the preservation, restoration and renovation of the historic existing 76-unit apartment building at 3945 Connecticut Avenue, NW and the construction of a five-story 25-unit residential addition. The average unit size is 625 sq. ft. The historic Colonial Revival-style building (c. 1924) has undergone an $18 million renovation. Improvements to the existing building include replacement of common area finishes & fixtures, limited improvements to unit interiors and upgrades to mechanical/electrical/plumbing systems. The five-story addition has been constructed at the rear of the property over existing parking. Connection points between the existing building and the addition form a closed courtyard at the center of the completed project. The original 76-unit apartment building was purchased by UIP for $13 million in May 2015. The resulting product creates order and openness throughout the house, and uses modern interpretations of exterior massing and materiality to marry old and new.