An abandoned 1903 school is re-purposed and transformed as the centerpiece of a new condominium complex that revitalized the Bloomingdale neighborhood. The renovated and expanded national historic landmark is flanked by two new residential structures. The new buildings – modern interpretations of early 20th-century apartments and row houses – frame a landscaped courtyard that serves as a green roof over an underground, two-level parking garage. This three-part, multi-building project is a nationally recognized, award-winning example of successful adaptive use, multifamily residential design, and sustainable practices made possible through urban infill. It has catalyzed neighborhood growth, home renovations, the influx of new businesses, and the rise in property values.