3012 Q Street, NW in Georgetown Historic District has been renovated into modern luxury apartments. The existing building was one of the six row houses built in 1903, designed by architect Nicholas R. Grimm and constructed by the owner and developer Harry Wardman. The renovation involved restoring the building to its original masonry shell. The rear wood porch, added in 1929 and was significantly altered, was replaced with a new structure in keeping with historic sleeping porches. The cellar level was excavated, and the masonry walls underpinned to increase the ceiling heights to the basement level. An important part of this design was transforming the false third floor windows that opened on to a non-inhabited attic space into a dramatic second floor living space with a tall cathedral ceiling that is bathed in natural light from a double row of windows. The final interior layout includes 4 dwelling units that are well suited for the historic location.