CLIENTS :: LOWE Enterprises, USAA ARCHITECTURE :: Bonstra | Haresign ARCHITECTS STRUCTURAL ENGINEER :: Rathgeber-Goss Associates MECHANICAL :: Engenium Group ELECTRICAL :: Power Design, Inc. PLUMBING :: KTA Group, Inc. LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT :: ParkerRodriguez CIVIL ENGINEER :: Johnson Bernat Associates INTERIORS :: ESG Architecture & Design LIGHTING :: Gilmore Lighting Design GENERAL CONTRACTOR :: Whiting-Turner
Bonstra | Haresign ARCHITECTS’ newest digital fabrication studio features presentation boards, an Ultimaker S5 3D Printer, and a Glowforge Pro Laser Cutter for staff to work more creatively and efficiently. We appreciate our team members for executing and contributing to the development of this newest addition to our design studio, especially Eduardo Frontera, Assoc. AIA,
Aerial Existing Conditions & Colonial Williamsburg CLIENTS :: Broad Street Realty, Bridger Corp, Lamont Street Partners ARCHITECTURE, PLANNING, INTERIORS :: Bonstra | Haresign ARCHITECTS STRUCTURAL ENGINEER :: Rathgeber-Goss Associates MEP ENGINEER :: Capitol Engineering Group (CEG) LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT :: LSG Landscape Architecture CIVIL ENGINEER :: AES Consulting Engineers PROJECT MANAGER :: GreenBench Companies GENERAL CONTRACTOR
Historic Slowe and Carver Halls provided housing for single war workers and then Howard University students for an impressive 75-year span, but each had reached the end its useful life as this specific dormitory design. Both buildings were designed by Hilyard Robinson, a distinguished architect and the first African American to earn an architecture degree from Columbia University (B.Arch,1924 and M.S. in Architecture, 1931).
Bonstra | Haresign ARCHITECTS along with client team Urban Investment Partners and Neighborhood Development Company creatively and painstakingly transformed the two Howard University dormitory buildings into 164 moderately priced apartments while preserving a historically significantly piece of the LeDroit Park community. These three-story apartment budlings offer the only high-density multifamily residences in the walkable and public transit-oriented neighborhood.
Bonstra | Haresign ARCHITECTS recently completed two residential projects across the city that uniquely enhance the urban fabric and reinforce a connection between their residents and the community. A new infill project along the lively H Street corridor reflects the neighborhood’s energy and diversity, with a contrast of materials and forms in a contemporary composition that relates to the proportions of its re-purposed Victorian neighbors. A Foggy Bottom rowhouse built in the late 1880’s is preserved and revitalized for a client legacy with a contemporary style and creative design solutions to allow sunlight to penetrate into a narrow building envelope.
Justice Housing is deeply affordable housing in thriving neighborhoods, with supportive services onsite and within walking distance of grocery, education, and health services. The Maycroft is located in the lively, walkable Columbia Heights neighborhood of Washington, DC and is now home to 64 deserving families. The 1920’s-era historic building has been completely restored in accordance with the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation and has received historic tax credits, approval from the DC Board of Zoning Adjustment, receipt of New Market Tax Credits, and Enterprise Green Communities sustainable design, to name a few. The Maycroft achieves the Enterprise Green Community’s top rating and was financed through a wide variety of funding vehicles. In fact, its final historic tax credit certificate was received this past Tuesday!
Twelve years in the making, the Capital One parcel master plan focuses on several key goals: establishment of an urban street grid linking to the surrounding community; a mix of uses and density, particularly in proximity to the McLean Metro Station; establishment of an inter-connected network of pedestrian-oriented amenities; and environmental stewardship and sustainable urban development.
Bonstra | Haresign ARCHITECTS has restored and added to the historic Tilden Hall, a 1924 Colonial Revival-style apartment building situated on the corner of Connecticut Avenue, NW and Tilden Street, NW. The project added 25 new units in a contemporary addition while restoring and modernizing the main lobby, corridors, and 76 apartments in the existing building for a total of 101 apartments.